Menudo is an Ilocano traditional stew from the Philippines. Unlike the Mexican dish of the same name, it is not made with tripe and red chili sauce but rather with sliced pork and calf’s liver in tomato sauce.
How to Cook Pinoy Menudo?
- 2 lbs. pork
- 1/4 lb. pig liver
- 1 cup potatoes diced
- 1 piece carrot cubed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 piece lemon
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 pieces hotdogs sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 to 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the marinated pork. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in tomato sauce and water and then add the bay leaves.Let boil and simmer for 30 minutes to an hour depending on the toughness of the pork. Note: Add water as necessary.
- Add-in the liver and hot dogs. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in potatoes, carrots, sugar,salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply