Sayote Guisado (Sautéed Chayote) is one of the Filipino budget recipes. Try this easy recipe and enjoy this awesome vegetable dish.
Sayote Guisado Recipe
- 2 to 4 pieces chayote squash, pared, seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb. pork, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook pork until it turns slightly brown.
- Add garlic, onions and tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes until tomatoes wilted.
- Add chayote slices. Season with patis, salt and pepper. Stir-fry for few minutes until well blended.
- Pour in water and bring to boil. Cover, lower the heat and let it simmer until chayote is tender.
- Correct the seasonings according to your style and liking.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.