Pork Humba Recipe (Braised Pork Belly) is one of the comfort foods of every Filipino household. It’s a popular filipino food dish somewhere in the Visayas and Mindanao regions.
Pork Humba Recipe
- 1 lb. pork (i usually used pork belly or pork hocks), cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. pepper or 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 1 tsp. oil
- salt to taste
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered (optional)
- hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a big pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about an hour or until pork belly or hocks is tender. You may wish to adjust the taste according to your style and liking.
- If you want to add some potatoes and hard-boiled eggs in this dish, potatoes usually cook about 15 minutes. It’s up to you whether you like it very soft or just tender to bite. You may add it halfway of the cooking time or later. As for the eggs let it sits for a few minutes before its done to let the sauces covered into it.
- Remove bay leaf and peppercorns (if used) just before serving. Serve hot.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply