Green Beans are a vegetable. They are the fruit of cultivars of the common bean, Phaseolus vulgaris. Green beans are sold fresh, frozen or canned. Green beansare cooked by steaming, boiling, stir frying, deep frying, or in casseroles.
Sauteed Green Beans Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 /2 lb lean ground pork
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into ⅛ inch pieces
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for a minute or until it turns just brown. Add chopped tomato and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until tomato has softened.
- Add ground pork and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Add fish sauce or salt; stir to combine.
- Stir in green beans and water; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until green beans are crisp tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with steamed rice.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.