Sarciadong Isda is a pretty simple dish to make. It is basically fried fish in a sauteed tomato, and topped with beaten egg.
Fish is first fried before adding on a sauteed garlic, onion and tomato.The last ingredient to go in is the beaten egg, and remember:do not stir! It is important not to stir the egg once poured so it doesn’t break down and appear unappetizing.
An option to use is fish fillets instead of bone-in fish slices. Just dredge the fillet in all-purpose flour, shake off the excess flour and brown for just couple minutes on both sides in a hot pan with little oil. Try not to overcook as they will either fall apart or get tough and dry.
Sarciadong Isda Recipe
- Whole Fish, cut in serving pieces, and fried
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium Eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce (Patis)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 stalks Green Onions, sliced (optional)
- Saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until totally wilted, add some water if it dries out before the tomatoes get mushy.
- Season with fish sauce and pepper, add more water and bring to a boil.
- Nestle the fried fish in, then add the beaten eggs — do not stir.
- Let the eggs cook thoroughly, about 3 minutes, then the dish is ready to serve.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with rice. (Recipes from https://www.filipino-food-recipes.com/sarciado.html)
Image Source: https://www.instagram.com/toni_vidad79/
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.