These Crispy Fried Chicken Feet (Adidas or Paa ng Manok) are so delicious specially as an appetizer with matching spiced vinegar dippings.
Crispy Fried Chicken Feet Recipe
- 1 kilogram Chicken Feet, Trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 can sprite (350ml)
- some water, enough to cover chicken
- 1 bay leaf
- cooking oil for deep frying
- Crispy Fry Breading Mix (or Flour + Cornstarch +Salt +Pepper)
- Start by chopping the nails off the feet. Discard. Clean it thoroughly, remove the skin and scrub it.
- In a strainer bowl, rinse feet thoroughly in cold running water. Place chicken feet into a medium-sized pot and add vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, pepper, salt, sprite and some water.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for about 2 ½ hours until it becomes very tender. If using pressure cooker, start the timer to 10 minutes after the cooker whistles.
- Drain from liquid and pat dry to remove excess liquid. (Reserve broth for soup making). Roll each chicken feet into breading mixture and transfer on a plate.
To Fry Chicken Feet:
- In a large wok, pour enough oil and heat over lowest fire. Deep fry until chicken feet becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Drain from oil and serve over spiced vinegar dippings on the side. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.