Pork Hardinera is that complex dish from Quezon province which is a fusion of meatloaf, Menudo, and Embutido.
It is a special occasion dish with a lot of ingredients — but well worth all the work! This recipe is cooked by steaming in a banana-leaf lined loaf pan, it is like the meatloaf, except that it has cubed pork rather than ground.
Pork Hardinera Recipe
- 1 Kg Pork ( cubed and boiled)
- 1/4 Chicken liver (cubed)
- 1 pc Chorizo de bilbao (cubed)
- 5 pcs. Hotdog (cubed)
- 1 can Tomato sauce (small)
- 1 can Pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup Pickle Relish
- 1 cup Grated Cheese
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 pc Onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs – uncooked, beaten
- Margarine for greasing
- Banana leaves
- 1 Red Bell pepper, cut in strips)
- 4 Eggs(hard boiled), sliced
- 2 pcs Hotdog (sliced diagonally)
- Grease 2 loaf pans with margarine and line them with banana leaves. Set aside.
- Saute the garlic and onion, then add the pork, chicken liver, chorizo and hotdog. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, raisins, pineapple and pickles and bring to a boil, cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs to thicken, divide into 2 (1 portion for each loaf pan).
- In each loaf pan, pour 1 beaten egg, and add the meat mixture.
- Steam for 40 minutes, and let it cool down before inverting on a serving platter.
- Remove the banana leaves and serve. (Recipes from https://www.filipino-food-recipes.com/pork-hardinera.html)
Image Source: https://www.instagram.com/call_me_lester/
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.