This Pinaputok na tilapia recipe is absolutely delicious as a result of the fresh vegetables which serve as fresh bedding and toppings and when cooked are absorbed into the fish. You can also add some vegetables such as carrot and celery if you wish.
Pinaputok na Tilapia Recipe
- 1 whole large tilapia, about 800 grams
- 2 large sliced tomatoes
- 2 medium sliced onions,
- 1 stem of chinese celery or a bunch of kinchay, cut in one inch
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/2 thumb ginger, minced,
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- few drops of sesame oil (optional)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Clean tilapia fish and take off scales.
- Make a slit on both side of the fish. Rub salt, ground pepper and butter around the fish.
- Stuff the fish with tomatoes, onions, celery, carrot and ginger.
- In one square of aluminum foil, add some tomatoes, onions, celery, carrot and ginger in the center and spread evenly. This will serve as the bedding for the fish.
- Place the stuffed tilapia fish in the center. Add some remaining stuffing on top of the fish.
- Add oyster sauce inside the stuffed fish and the on top of the fish.
- Cut another square of aluminum foil and cover it to the fish. Wrap tightly by simply folding all edges of foil and make sure its tight as possible.
- Grill, fry or bake in oven at 375 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes or until the wrapper is inflated and close to popping.
- Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!
Image Source: graciebrincka
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply