Fluffy Mamon is a a kind of chiffon cake that is a popular afternoon snack. Mamon or Sponge cake is a cake based on flour, sugar, butter and eggs, and is sometimes leavened with baking powder. Sponge cakes, leavened with beaten eggs, originated during the Renaissance, possibly in Spain.
Fluffy Mamon Recipe
- 2 & 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 egg yolks
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat an oven to 325 F and grease 16 muffin cups.
- Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl, stir and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the oil, egg yolks, grated orange peel, vanilla extract, orange juice, and water. Mix well until no lumps are seen.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the 1/2 cup sugar and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Lift your beater or whisk straight up, the egg whites should form soft moundsrather than a sharp peak.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg whites.
- Pour the resulting batter into the prepared muffin cups. Fill about 2/3 of the cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for another 10 to 15 minutes before removing.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Image Courtesy : abby.lovesfood
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.