Picadillo is a dish mainly consisting of ground beef (sometimes shredded pork or chicken) typically found in Cuba, Mexico, and other Latin American countries, and in the Philippines. In Mexico it is sometimes used as a filling, such as for tacos, and can be mixed with vegetables. It can also be prepared as a type of stew. In Philippines where it is known as “giniling” and it is often served with rice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 of a big white onion
- 1 medium size potato
- 1/2 kilo ground beef (other option pork and chicken)
- 2 pcs. of laurel leaves
- 2 cup water
- 2 large tomato chopped or 1 cup chunky tomatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in medium heat in a pan. Add chopped onions and a pinch of salt, sauté them until they start to become transparent. Add butter and garlic. Sauté until garlic starts to turn golden brown.
- Mix in the ground beef, and 1 tsp of salt. Increase heat to medium-high and allow it to cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to allow the meat to evenly cook.
- Add tomatoes, potato and laurel leaves, Stir and allow to cook in medium heat for about 7 minutes, or until the potato cooks to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy and share!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.