Sinigang is a Filipino dish of tamarind broth (and vegetables) with either pork, beef, shrimp, fish, and even chicken. Sinigang na Hipon is the shrimp version. A sour broth with shrimp that would definitely satisfy your taste. Just follow our simple recipe guide below. Happy Cooking!
Sinigang na Sugpo Recipe
- 10 cups water
- 2 pieces onion quartered
- 4 pieces tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 2 pieces daikon (peeled and sliced diagonally into discs)
- 12 pieces long beans (sitaw), cut into 2-inch lengths
- 4 pieces green chili peppers (sili)
- 35 ounces prawns or shrimps, trimmed
- 14 ounces spinach or Asian watercress (kangkong)
- Bring water to a boil. Add onions and tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add daikon, long beans, chili pepper, fish sauce, and Mama Sita’s Sinigang mix. Continue to simmer for three minutes, uncovered. Add the shrimpsand simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the spinach or kangkong.
- Cover to steam-cook the vegetables.
- Serve with fish sauce.
Image Courtesy: jagacooks
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.