KFC is known for their delicious Fried Chicken with the Colonel’s secret ingredients, and it wouldn’t be a KFC meal without its infamous gravy to pair along side with it. Dip in piece after piece into the gravy and get an explosion of flavor that made KFC what it is today.
KFC Gravy Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter or vegetable shortening
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 piece chicken cube or 2 teaspoons chicken powder
- 1 piece beef cube or 2 teaspoons beef powder
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Dilute the beef and chicken cubes in water.
- Heat a saucepan and put-in the butter. Let the butter melt under low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and cook in low heat while continuously stirring for 7 to 8 minutes or until the color turns medium brown. There is a tendency that the flour might burn when overcooked or if high heat is applied. Be extra cautious.
- Add the remaining flour and continue stirring.
- Gradually add the chicken and beef broth (the result of procedure 1) while stirring. Continuous stirring is needed to prevent lumps from forming.
- Put the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes more while stirring once in a while until the texture thickens.
- Serve hot with fried chicken or mashed potato.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.