Fettuccine Alfredo is a pasta dish similar to that of pasta alla carbonara and traditionally made from fettuccine pasta, tossed with parmesan cheese, and butter. Since its debut in the US, several variations were made that almost deviated from the original recipe. Eggs, flour, olive oil, and asiago cheese were sometimes added for a twist in flavor and a much richer texture.
Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, shredded
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 pieces fried bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the fettuccine according to package instructions
- Heat a saucepan or cooking pot and pour-in the milk then bring to a boil
- Add the heavy whipping cream and stir then let boil.
- Adjust the heat to the lowest possible then add the Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Stir continuously until cheese melts and the texture of the mixture becomes fine.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a mixing bowl then add about 5 tablespoons of the milk-cheese mixture. Continue whisking until everything is well distributed.
- Add the egg yolk mixture in the saucepan/cooking pot and stir until the texture becomes thick.
- Add the cooked fettuccine and toss until the noodles are well covered with sauce.
- Add the crumbled fried bacon, salt, and pepper and mix with the other ingredients.
Image From: sophieeatss
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply