Pineapple Chicken or Pininyahang Manok, is Philippine dish consisting of chicken braised in a milk or coconut milk-based sauce with pineapples, carrots, potatoes, and bell peppers. Some variants of the dish use a chicken stock base instead of milk.
Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 14 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 small carrots sliced diagonally
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 medium plum tomato diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken in the pineapple juice from the canned pineapple chunks for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion, tomato, and garlic.
- Add the ground black pepper. Stir.
- Add the chicken pieces one-by-one.
- Cook until the color turns light brown. Flip the chicken to cook the other side.
- Pour the pineapple juice marinade on the pan.
- Let boil.Add the coconut milk.
- Stir. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add the fish sauce and pineapple chunks.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the carrots.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers.
- Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.