Pork Kare-kare is normally served on special occasions. But with this easy recipe you can have it every week! Enjoy with savory peanut sauce and shrimp paste!
Pork Kare-Kare Recipe
- Pork Leg or Pata (desired cut)
- Pork broth (3/4 liter of water)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 whole big onion minced cut
- 1/4 cup Annato or atsuete
- 1/2 cup Bagoong Alamang cooked
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium eggplant sliced
- 10 pcs snake beans or sitaw cut into
- 2 inches long
- 3 bunches or bokchoy or pechay
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put pork onto the casserole with water allow to boil to remove some impurities, make sure to remove it while continue to boil from 15-20mins.Drain the water and set aside the pork.
- Coloring( atsuete or annato)*On a pan put half cup of oil until heated but not too hot. Then put the annato seeds and allowed the seeds to release that reddish color make sure not to burn it. Set aside allow it to cool.
- On a pan add oil annato mixture , heated … Put minced onion (caramelized) add garlic until golden brown.
- Then put the pork pata .. Saute…you can put the cooked Bagoong while mixing it allowing the pork to absorb the flavor.
- Cover the pan and allowed it to sweat for 5minutes.
- Then pour the water or broth. Boil for 20minutes.
- Add peanut butter, mixed well. Cover the pan and let it boil for 10mins.
- Add remaining Cooked bagoong , check desired taste..To make a bit creamy you can put some dssolve cornstarch.
- Put Eggplant and snake beans..allow it to boil and cook. Then put bok choy or pechay.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- When the veggies are cooked turn of the fire. And ready to serve.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.