Easy grilled squid is a highly popular dish here in Philippines. They are delicious and very easy to prepare and served either as an appetizer or as part of the main meal. The challenge is finding fresh squid, as often frozen squid have a fishy smell and taste.
Easy Grilled Squid Recipe
- Tube Squid
- Calamansi or Lemon
- Margarine or butter
- Soy Sauce
- Chili Pepper
- Cut tomatoes and onions into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide tomato-onion mixture and stuff each of the squid.
- Add salt and pepper at the outside of the squid. Sprinkle with calamansi or lemon juice.
- Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes. Put in the stuffed squid and oven baked for 15 minutes in 200 degrees. Brushed the outside of the squid with margarine or butter after 5 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce: In a bowl, half of the tomato-onion mixture, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and chili peppers. Stir together until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Served and Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.