Try this Chili Garlic Prawn recipe. You’ll surely love it!
Chili Garlic Prawn Recipe
- 13 pcs. prawns, shell and tail on, deveined
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- ½ small yellow onion, peeled and sliced thinly (2 oz)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp yellow miso paste
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs beaten
- ground pepper
- chopped scallions for garnish
- Pre-heat a large pan for a minute then coat generously with cooking spray.
- Add shrimp to the pan. Season prawns with salt and pepper.
- Cook shrimp between 1 to 1 ½ minutes over high heat.
- Turn shrimp over, season with salt and pepper and cook for another minute until opaque in color.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat oil for a minute then add pepper flakes. Stir and cook pepper flakes for about 1 minute.
- Add ginger, onion, and garlic. Saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add miso paste, broth and ketchup.
- Stir and allow to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch with water.
- Add cornstarch slurry and keep stirring for about 10 seconds.
- Add beaten eggs. Stir constantly.
- Add shrimp back.
- Season with ground pepper.
- Turn off heat and allow carry over cooking cook the beaten eggs completely before serving.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Serve with steamed rice or pasta.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply