Barbecue chicken consists of chicken parts or entire chickens that are barbecued, grilled or smoked. There are many global and regional preparation techniques and cooking styles. Barbecue chicken is often seasoned or coated in a spice rub, barbecue sauce, or both.
Chicken Barbecue Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken legs or thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup calamansi or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 head garlic. peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Make about 2 to 3 thin cuts on each side of each leg.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, calamansi juice, brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir well until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add chicken and stir until coated with marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours. Drain chicken well, discarding marinade.
- In a wide, thick-bottomed pan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add chicken and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes on each side or until nicely browned on the outside and thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 F.
- Drain chicken from the marinade, reserving marinade.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the marinade into a boil for about 10 to 15 minutes or until heated completely and reduced.
- Grill chicken, regularly basting with the reduced marinade, for about 10 to 15 minutes on each side or until thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165 F.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply