According to Wiki, Halabos is a Filipino cooking process consisting of fresh shrimp, crab, or other crustaceans cooked in water and salt. Modern versions of the dish commonly add spices and use carbonated lemon drinks instead of water for a sweeter sauce.
Halabos Na Hipon Recipe
- 1 kilo small to medium sized shrimps
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and crushed
- vinegar and patis (fish sauce)
- Place the shrimps, salt, and water in a large skillet or sauce pan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook the shrimp for about 10-15 minutes or until the color turns red while stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Serve with rice. Use the vinegar with ginger and some salt or fish sauce as condiment. (Recipe from lutonilola.net)
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.