Chicken and malunggay soup is a simple soup dish. It is similar in taste to our chicken tinola except malunggay leaves are added instead of papaya and chili leaves. For those who are not aware, malunggay leaves are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C. Aside from these, it is also a good source of protein, potassium and iron.
Chicken and Malunggay Soup Recipe
- 500 gms chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 2 cups malunggay leaves
- salt/fish sauce
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Pour 4 cups water and simmer for 45 minutes. Season with salt/fish sauce.
- Add the malunggay leaves and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.