Chicken ala king is a dish consisting of diced chicken, mushrooms, red bell peppers and green bell peppers in a thick and creamy sauce. It is frequently served over rice, pasta or bread. Some people may substitute the diced chicken with cooked chicken or turkey.
Chicken Ala King Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey I used store bought rotisserie chicken meat
- ¼ cup light cream
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 egg yolk lightly beaten
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour with a whisk. Gradually add broth while continuously stirring. Add salt, pepper, mushrooms and green bell pepper. Cook, stirring over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add diced chicken and light cream; simmer, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir hot sauce into beaten egg yolk and then add mixture into the pan. Give the chicken mixture in the pan a final stir. Remove from the heat and transfer into a serving plate.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.