Arozcaldo is a Filipino style congee recipe in which rice and chicken are boiled in a large amount of water until the rice softens significantly.
This dish is often served as a meal on its own.
- 8 pcs chicken wings
- 1 C glutinous rice
- 2 L water
- 2 pcs knorr or maggie chicken cubes
- 1 pc medium size onions, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 C spring onions, minced
- fish sauce or patis
- eggs (optional) boiled
- Boil the chicken wings in the 2 L of water with 1 pc of chicken boullion cube until the meat becomes tender. Set aside the chicken broth. Put the chicken wings in a bowl and remove the bones. Marinate with fish sauce for 15 minutes.
- Sautee onions, garlic, spring onions in a big wok. Add chicken wings. Pour the chicken broth. Add the other chicken broth cube. Add the glutinous rice and stir continuously. You can add more water if you want. Remove from fire when the glutinous rice is cooked.
- Serve in a bowl. Put eggs, spring roll and pepper.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.