Maja Blanca is made primarily of sweet corn with a creamy coconut milk base . It is widely known as coconut pudding and one of the favorite of most Filipinos.
Maja Blanca Recipe
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 2 cups of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cheese cube slices
- 1/2 cup of whole corn kernel
- 1 can of condense milk
- 1 can of alaska evaporada
*Set aside some of whole corn kernel and cheese for toppings.
- Bring 2 cups coconut milk to a boil; stir constantly until oil begins to separate from the milk, about 30 minutes. Skim and reserve oil in a bowl. Reduce heat to medium-low and add 3 tablespoons sugar to remaining milk. Continue to cook and stir until milk becomes brown and crumbly, about 30 minutes more. Remove latik from heat.
- Grease an 8-inch mold or pie dish with reserved coconut oil.
- Heat remaining 2 cups coconut milk, cream-style corn, cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar, and corn kernels in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour corn mixture into prepared mold. Cool until maja blanca is set.
- Cover mold with a plate and invert maja blanca onto the plate.
- Sprinkle to top with cheese and some corn kernels.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.