Kalamay (Homemade) – is a sticky sweet delicacy that is popular in many regions of the Philippines.
Homemade Kalamay Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups muscovado sugar (dark brown sugar)
- 1/8 cup peanuts or latik (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered milk (optional)
- Combine glutinous rice flour and coconut milk. Mix it well to dilute rice flour
- Add muscovado sugar and peanuts or latik. Mix it
- Turn the heat on and stir continuously until it thickens. Cook for 1hr. over low heat
- Optional: add powdered milk and mix it well
- Transfer kalamay into the container
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.