Level up your next dessert or merienda and try combining the flavors of leche flan and pandesal in this mouth watering and yummy recipe.
Leche Flan Pandesal Recipe
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 llaneras leche flan, for filling
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon yeast, and 1/4 cup lukewarm water. Let it rise for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine sifted flour, powdered milk, and salt. Mix until well incorporated. In the same bowl, make a well in the center, add sugar, melted butter, egg, evaporated milk, and yeast mixture. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Continue mixing until it forms a dough then transfer onto a table dusted with flour. Knead for at least 20 minutes. Transfer the dough into a greased bowl with oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the plastic cover, punch the dough to release some air, and cut the dough into 4. Cut each dough into 5 to make 20 pieces (50 to 55 grams each).
- Form each dough into a round shape to smoothen. Gently flatten using a rolling pin. Put a bite-sized piece of leche flan for filling in the center. Seal the dough properly by pinching edges. Coat with breadcrumbs. Transfer onto a 12x12x2-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cover and let dough balls rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove cover and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes. (Oven temperature may vary.) After baking, brush the top of the bread to remove some breadcrumbs before coating with caramel.
- For the caramel syrup, in a cooking pan over medium-low heat, combine sugar and water. Cook until caramelized or until it turns a light golden brown. Immediately turn off the heat once caramelized. Dip the top of the bread into caramel syrup. Let it cool. (Source: Yummy.ph)
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.