Chocolate Champorado with Ice Cream! Do I need to say more? It’s everything you ever wanted in one snack. Your favorite comfort food just got better and better..
If you are a chocolate lover, this chocolate champorado with Ice cream is everything in one! Got some loads of extra dark chocolates and chocolate chips? Then, why not cook this Chocolate Champorado and top it with a scoop of your favorite Ice cream. Indulge!
Chocolate Champorado with Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups glutinous rice malagkit bigas
- 8 ½ cups of water
- 10 tablespoon cocoa powder I use Starbucks cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips, (or grated chocolate bar)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Scoops of Sundae or Ice Cream, any flavor
- In a saucepan, put the rice, cocoa powder, chocolate chips sugar and water. Stir together to dissolve cocoa powder and sugar.
- Turn on heat and let mixture boil. Constant stirring is required to prevent rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan and for the rice grains not to stick together.
- Upon boiling, reduce heat to simmer. Continue stirring. It is cooked when the texture has thickened and the rice grains have plumped up.
- Season with pinch salt mix well. Remove from heat and add your dark chocolate chips.
- Serve hot with a scoop of your favorite Sundae or ice cream.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.