Karioka is popular snacks or street food in the Philippines made out of glutinous rice flour and coconut meat which is deep fried then dipped in coconut milk and sugar syrup.
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup langka (cut into cubes)
- oil for deep frying
- For the dough, mix glutinous flour, one cup of coconut milk and half of the langka until the mixture becomes sticky and can be formed into balls.
Note: Add water to the mixture if it’s dry or if necessary.
- Make into 1 inch ball and while doing so, put 2-3 slices of langka inside.
- Deep fry the balls for 5 minutes or until it turns into light brown.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.