Homemade Bangus Sardine – Bangus or Milkfish is undeniably a versatile fish, you can cook it in so many ways – fried, grilled, steamed, boiled or with sauces and gravies. It is also use in Spanish-style sardine besides herring (tawilis) or sardinella (tamban). Homemade sardine is not so popular before and it’s more expensive than those in cans. So, here’s a quick and simple how to make homemade bangus sardine. This recipe is adopted from IloiloFoodtrip.
Homemade Bangus Sardine Recipe
- 1 kilo bangus (milk fish)
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup pickles
- 3 pieces chili peppers (more if you want it spicier)
- 1 head crushed garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil (you can adjust this if ever)
- 3 pieces bay leaves (laurel)
- ¼ cup green olives (optional)
- ½ cup water
- Thoroughly clean and slice bangus into serving pieces at least an inch thick.
- In a pressure cooker, arrange bangus in layers.
- In a separate bowl, mix rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the mix over the bangus making sure the fish is all covered.
- Pressure cook at low-medium fire for 40 minutes or until the bangus is cooked.
- Let it cool and transfer to a serving plate.
Please feel free to proportionate all the ingredients based on your preference and on the amount of fish since the measurements are just guides for you.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.