Escabeche is the name of the dish which is marinated and cooked in an acidic mixture (usually vinegar) and colored with a paprika or saffron. Try this easy and quick recipe on how to cooked a Fish (tilapia) Escabeche.
- 1 whole Tilapia – – at least a pound
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch – dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup ginger
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (optional, for coloring)
- Season fish with salt. Heat oil in a frying pan and once oil is hot, fry fish one side of at a time until golden brown. Remove fish from pan and place it on a serving plate.
- In a saucepan, saute garlic, ginger, and onion in 2 tablespoon oil. Add carrots and bell peppers. Pour in vinegar and dissolved cornstarch and add sugar and ketchup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer until sauce thickens while stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce into the fried fish and serve.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.