Tausi, a well known Chinese food seasoning. It is usually included with some popular Chinese dishes, the taste is too salty but the fragrance is so appetizing. Tausi is also known as tahure or fermented black bean paste. fermented blackbeans is usually cook along with pork, beef and especially with fish. We have a recipe here that we personally try , heres’ how to cook the recipe:
Chicken Tausi Recipe
- 1 kg of dressed Chicken, cut into serving size
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soysauce
- Sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Cooking oil
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 tablespoon Tausi
- 2-3 tbsp chop garlic
- 1 pc red bell pepper, diced
- Marinate chicken for 20-30 minute, In a heated pan fry chicken on each side until chicken was well done, set aside.
- Using the same pan stir fry onion until fragrant.
- Add fermented black beans and minced garlic, don’t mix the mixture so often to avoid the dish for being so salty, add bell pepper and stir once, add chicken and cook for several minute then lastly add sauce mixture to thickened the sauce.
- Served Chicken tausi while it is hot along with hot steamy rice, sprinkle with spring onion upon serving. (Notes: Your actual photo may be different from below)
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply