Chicken in coconut milk (Ginataang Manok) is translated as chicken stewed in coconut milk. This is a simple Filipino Recipe wherein chicken is sautéed in garlic, onion, and ginger. You’ll love this stellar combination of delicate coconut milk, perfectly cooked chicken parts and exotic spices!
Chicken in Coconut Milk Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Hot banana pepper (optional)
- Cooking oil
- Fish sauce
- 250 grams Green papaya sliced
- 50 grams moringa leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic, ginger and onion then add chicken, sauté until chicken is brown
- Add water, bay leaves, vinegar, fish sauce, pepper and green papaya then simmer for about 15-30 min or until chicken is tender.
- When stock is reduced to 20 % add coconut milk and add banana pepper then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- You can substitute green papaya with sayote, squash, carrots or potato
- You may use other green vegetables to substitute for moringa leaves.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.