Chicken Asado is a tomato sauce-based stew originated from the province of Pampanga, Philippines. It is rich in potassium and good for the heart. It taste really delicious results from the mixture of sour, sweet, and salty flavors.
Chicken Asado Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, diced
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cup of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan then pour in cooking oil and pan-fry chicken. Set aside.
- Heat a cooking pot or wok then put in butter.
- When butter is hot enough, add onions and sauté until texture becomes soft.
- Add in bay leaves and cook for a minute.
- Pour in tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add soy sauce and lemon juice then stir to ensure that the mixture is properly distributed and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add pan-fried chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put in potatoes and continue to simmer for 7 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.