Ube crinkles, also known as purple yam crinkles, are Filipino cookies made from purple yam, flour, eggs, baking powder, butter, and sugar. They are characteristically deep purple in color and are typically rolled in powdered sugar or glazed. They have a crunchy exterior and a soft chewy center.
Ube Crinkles Recipe
- 680 g ube jam
- 2 tsp ube extract
- 150 g sugar
- 55 g vegetable oil
- 1 pc egg
- 250 g flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- violet food color, optional
- 60 g powdered sugar, sifted
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and vegetable oil.
- Add the egg and beat until frothy and color becomes pale.
- Add the ube jam and ube extract and beat again until well blended.
- Gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix using a spatula or electric mixer with dough attachment. The dough will be very sticky. Add violet food color, if desired, to achieve a deep purple color.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Alternatively, place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Scoop a spoonful, 1 to 2-inch in diameter, of chilled dough and drop into a bowl of powdered sugar. Roll dough in powdered sugar to thoroughly coat.
- Arrange at least 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let the cookies stand for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Image Source: bakey.bakes
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.