Pastillas – This milk-based confectionary originates from town of San Miguel, Bulacan. Pastillas de Leche if directly translated from Spanish means “milk tablets” or “milk pills” which basically describes this Filipino sweet delicacy. Pastillas de leche are sweet milk candies are made out of carabao (water buffalo) milk shaped into small cylinders, it is hardened by evaporation and addition of sugar during the cooking process.
- 2 cups of powdered milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- Mix the powdered and condensed milk in a bowl.
- Add Margarine to the mixture.
- Shape your candy into circles or cylinder.
- Pour the sugar on the plate.
- Roll the pastillas into the sugar.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.