Mango float or crema de mangga is a Filipino icebox cake dessert made with layers of ladyfingers or graham crackers, whipped cream, condensed milk, and ripe carabao mangoes. It is chilled for a few hours before serving, though it can also be frozen to give it an ice cream-like consistency.
Mango Float Recipe
- 1 box of Graham crackers
- 1 box of Graham crumbs (optional)
- 2 small cans Nestle cream
- 1 can of Condensed milk
- 1 can of Evaporated milk
- 6 ripe mangoes, sliced
- Prepare a rectangular glass dish with or without lid.
- In a bowl, whisk Nestle cream until smooth. Add the condensed and evaporated milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Using a ladle, place a small amount of the milk mixture into the bottom of the dish, then place a layer of Graham crackers and top with the sliced mangoes.
- Ladle a mixture again, slowly pour over the crackers and the mangoes, making sure it covers all of the Graham crackers.
- Repeat by placing layers of crackers, mangoes and milk mixture. Top off with Graham crumbs (or just crushed some Graham crackers).
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply