If you are looking for a sour soup recipe, then this is the dish for you. Sinigang na bangus is an authentic Filipino dish which consists of milkfish or bangus, tamarind mix and vegetables such as stringbeans and kangkong. You can also add other vegetables such as eggplant, radish, okra and taro. This is easy to cook since all you have to do is to boil water and add the fish, vegetables and tamarind mix. This is best served with fried meat.
Sinigang na Bangus Recipe
- 1 medium-sized milkfish or bangus, cut into 4 slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bundle kangkong
- 1 bundle stringbeans (sitaw), cut into 2 inches long
- 1 tamarind mix (or fresh kamias)
- 2 pieces finger chilies (siling haba)
- 5 cups water
- salt/fish sauce (patis)
1. In a pot, pour water and add onion and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
2. Add milk fish or bangus and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add tamarind mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add string beans, kangkong leaves and siling haba. Cook until tender.
5. Season with salt/fish sauce.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.