Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omellete is a simple but tasty, budget friendly Filipino dish. It is made of grilled eggplant and then dipped in eggs mixture and deep fried. It is always accompanied by white rice and can be enjoyed during breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Tortang Talong Recipe
- 2 to 4 talong (eggplants), average size
- 2 to 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- oil, for frying
- Grill the eggplants until tender (the skin is charred and blister appear)
- Once cool, peel off the skins of the eggplant and retain the crown and the stem. Gently flatten its meat by using the back of a fork. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper, put the chopped garlic and onions, and mix well.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Dip each eggplant, one at a time into the egg mixture. Gently bring the bowl near the skillet and tip, lowering the eggplant onto the heated oil.
- Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and brown the other side. Keep warm and serve.
- Serve it with steamed white rice and sweet chili sauce.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply