Cream Cheese Flan – This smooth cream cheese flan topped with a golden brown caramel is an elegant dessert that can be baked and chilled until serving.
Cream Cheese Flan Recipe
- 1 pack (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 5 eggs
- 8 tbsp sugar
- Prepare 4 small molds or llanera.
- Place 2 tbsp of the sugar in each llanera.
- Set the llanera over low heat until sugar is melted and golden.
- Using tongs, move llanera repeatedly over flames to prevent sugar from burning and to distribute melting liquid on bottom of mold.
- Remove from heat and allow caramel to cool and harden. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at low speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add the condensed milk and evaporated milk and stir until well- combined.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes to allow some of the foam to subside. (Alternatively, you can combine eggs, milk and cream cheese in a blender and process until smooth).
- Pour mixture into prepared the llaneras.
- Cover llaneras with foil and arrange in a wide, oven- safe dish with about 1-inch of water (water bath).
- Bake in the oven at 375 F or 190 C for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle of custard comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and refrigerate to completely set.
- When ready to serve, turn flan over on a serving plate, ending with caramel on top. Enjoy!
Image Courtesy: mariaeleynaphotos
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.