Arroz Caldo is a Filipino style congee recipe that is hearty with chicken, rice and sometimes with egg. It is easy to make and great during rainy season. In this recipe, we will put a turmeric powder make it more taste appealing and also turmeric has a lot of health benefits.
Turmeric Arroz Caldo Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast in serving pieces
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- spring (green) onions , chopped
- toasted garlic
- sliced Boiled egg
- Boil the chicken well until tender. Keep 6 cups of chicken broth.
- Saute garlic in cooking oil until golden brown. Set aside the toasted garlic for garnishing.
- Saute onions and minced ginger in the same heated oil.
- Add brown rice , broth and boil.
- Stir occasionally until the consistency is like a porridge.
- Add the chicken and turmeric powder. Add pepper and patis to taste.
- Top with toasted garlic, spring onions, eggs. Serve with calamansi
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply