Sweet Potato Pandesal – Spice up your ordinary pandesal with this sweet potato or camote as the main ingredients. This pandesal recipe has little bit of complexity in it. But don’t worry, just follow our recipe guide below, you will never fail at this. It’s worth baking!
Sweet Potato Pandesal Recipe
- 1 / 2 cup milk
- 1 / 4 cup water
- 1 / 2 cup boiled and mashed sweet potato (camote)
- 1 / 4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar + 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 teaspoon instant yeast
- Activate yeast and dissolve it with sugar in warm water. Set aside
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients then set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, water, eggs, and butter, until well incorporated. Then add the yeast mixture, potato mixture into the flour mixture and knead it to combine. Continue kneading until the dough starts to pull away from the side. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place to let it rise about 1 hour.
- The ideal place is inside a WARM oven, not hot. Warm the oven for 1 minute after placing the pan inside, then turn it off to let the bread rise fast). Proper rising and kneading are one of the factors that will make your pandesal soft.
- After 1 hour, place the dough on a lightly floured flat surface or working table with a dough slicer.
- Roll the dough until it becomes cylindrical in shape. Slice the cylindrical dough into individual pieces like the pandesal.
- One by one, roll each pandesal dough into the breadcrumbs. Transfer into the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave enough spaces apart as the dough will still rise. Let the dough rise for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C (375°F) for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown in color. Transfer in a cooling wire rack to cool. To keep it soft, make sure to transfer the extra rolls into a ziplock bag to retain goodness and freshness.
Happy Baking and enjoy!
Image Source: mamabears_homemade_goodies
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.