Sayongsong is a famous Surigao kakanin! It is packed in a cone like banana leaves and it is a favorite pasalubong dessert or snack. Sayongsong is a delicious Surigainon delicacy and pride.
Sayongsong Surigao Delicacy Recipe
- 1 cup ordinary rice
- 1 cup purple malagkit rice/regular malagkit rice
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or more according to taste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- juice from 1 kalamansi, optional
- banana leaves
- Wash and soak rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grind together with peanuts. Set aside.
- Mix sugar and coconut milk and boil for 10 minutes.
- Filter and mix with all the other ingredients.
- Cook in a pan with constant stirring until the mixture becomes firm. Put kalamansi juice.
- Cool, mold into cones and wrap in banana leaves.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply