Pancit Canton is very much a part of Filipino cuisine even it has originated in Chinese cuisine. Basically, pancit canton is a stir-fried dish composed of egg noodles, meat, poultry or seafood and a medley of vegetables.
Pancit Canton Recipe
- 125 g. of dried egg noodles (or 250 g. of fresh egg noodles)
- 2 c. of cooked and thinly meat or seafood (any of the ff. chicken, pork, beef, shrimp, squid)
- 1 onion or 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned 12 to 15 runner (Baguio) beans, stringed and sliced diagonally into thin strips
- 1 c. of shredded cabbage (any variety) about
- 1 c. of meat broth, preferably homemade
- 4 tbsps. of cooking oil salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced about 1 and
- 1/2 c. of meat broth, preferably homemade
- 4 tbsps. of oyster sauce
- 2 tbsps. of hoisin sauce salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsps. of tapioca or corn starch
- Make the sauce. Mix together all the ingredients, pour in a small pan and cook until thickened and no longer cloudy. Simmer (to remove all traces of starchy taste) while stir frying.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat the cooking oil. Add the beans, onion, carrot and cabbage, one after the other, with an interval of about 10 seconds and stirring between each addition. Add the meat or seafood. Stir. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper — do this sparingly as you will be adding a well-seasoned sauce later.
- Add the noodles. Pour in about a cup of hot (simmering would be best) broth over the noodles which should make it start softening instantly. Cook, stirring often, just until the noodles are done. The vegetables will cook at about the same time. Pour the simmering sauce over the cooked noodle dish. Stir. Cook for another minute.
- Serve at once.
Image Source: lahatsarap
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.