Macaroni and cheese — also called mac and cheese or mac n cheese in American and Canadian English, macaroni cheese in the United Kingdom—is a dish of English origin, consisting of cooked macaroni pasta and a cheese sauce, most commonly cheddar.
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Elbow macaroni
- Boiled water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped small (or minced onion) (the onion really gives it good flavor)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 3/4 c milk
- 3/4 c sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni in rapidly boiling salted water. Heat to boil. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover tightly; remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- Heat butter, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until onion is slightly tender. Blend in flour. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until completely melted.
- Place macaroni in greased baking dish. Stir cheese sauce into macaroni. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. 4-6 servings
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.