Pancake, also known as Hotcake amongst Filipinos, is a fried cake. It is served while it is still hot and fresh from frying pan. This could be the reason why we called it Hotcake. It is at its best taste while it is still hot. Although ready-made pancake mix is readily available in grocery stores, this dish is very easy to make.
The effort of love you pour in preparing this dish will be very much appreciated. It’s good for breakfast, morning or afternoon breaks.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon oil or melted butter
- Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add milk, egg, oil (or melted butter) and salt. Beat slowly until the all ingredients are smoothly blended.
- Grease the frying pan with at least 1 tablespoon of oil. Heat up in a low fire.
- Pour ¼ cup of mixture on the frying pan.
- Let stand for approximately 1 minute then flip on the other side for another 1 minute or until the pan cake turns light brown
- Serve hot with honey.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.