Filipino Style Spaghetti – Spaghetti is one of the most loved foods in Filipino cuisine. Unlike Italian spaghetti, Filipino spaghetti runs on the sweet side because of added sugar. Some cooks will include hot dogs or Vienna sausage instead of or in addition to ground beef. The following is a basic recipe that can be adapted to your tastes.
Filipino Style Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 kg. spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 kg. ground beef (premium)
- 1/2 kg. ground pork (premium)
- 1/4 kg. hotdogs, diagonally sliced
- 1 kg. tomato sauce
- 3 pieces laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- 1/4 cup brown or white sugar
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
- In a sauce pan or wok, sauté garlic and onions in cooking oil.
- Add ground beef, ground pork, laurel leaves, bell pepper and a cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 10 minutes
- Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated cheese on top.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.