Coconut jam is a jam made from a base of coconut milk, eggs and sugar. It is popular in Southeast Asia particularly in Philippines.
- 400 mls. (14 fl. oz.) tin of coconut milk
- 1/3 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c. condensed milk
- pinch of fine salt
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Mix all of the ingredients, except for the butter, together in a heavy saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring frequently for about 15-20 minutes, until thickened.
- It is ready when it coats the back of a spoon or spatula and a line drawn on it would stay.
- Add the butter and blend well. Transfer to a wide mouth jar and leave to cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.