These Buko Tarts (Oven Toaster) recipe is for any oven types. Yes you can bake it in oven toaster, conventional oven or even in Turbo Broiler.
Buko Tarts Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 to 4 tbsp cold water
- 2 cups buko meat, cut into shreds
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar (or brown sugar for brownish filling)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch dispersed in
- 1/2 cup buko water
- a few drops of Buko Pandan flavoring (optional)
Take out the butter from the refrigerator and let it soften a bit in normal temperature. Set it aside.
Make the Filling:
- In a medium size saucepan, add all the filling ingredients and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Adjust to low once it boils and just simmer until the mixture becomes thick. Keep on stirring to prevent sticking from the bottom.
Make the Tarts:
- In a mixing bowl, add the salt and flour. Slice the butter into cubes with a knife, then press it into the flour-salt mixture using a pastry cutter or just use a fork to combine.
- Moisten the dough with the cold water, add it little by little. Combine it well and gather to form a ball. Roll out and flatten the dough with a rolling pin (alternatively a floured clean bottle) to about 1/8″ thick.
- Cut out round pieces of the dough using egg rings.
- Lightly dust each tart molds with flour, then place each cut out dough in the molds. Gently press the dough to cover the bottom and the sides of each mold.
- Spoon the buko filling on each mold. And start covering each molds with dough toppers. Don’t forget to mark it with fork holes on top to release air.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown at 200°C (390°F) in a Turbo Broiler.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.