Bread and butter pudding is a traditional type of bread pudding popular in British cuisine. It is made by layering slices of buttered bread scattered with raisins in an oven dish, over which an egg custard mixture, made with milk or cream and normally seasoned with nutmeg, vanilla or other spices, is poured.
Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe
- 10 slices crust-on white bread
- 1 stick butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
Add cinnamon to sugar in cup and mix well.
- Generously spread one side of each piece of bread with butter or margarine. Arrange bread slices in pan, slightly overlapping, with butter-side up
- As you add the bread, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Put milk in small bowl, add eggs, and using whisk or fork, mix to blend well.
- Pour milk mixture over bread and raisins in baking pan.
- Set aside for about 15 minutes for bread to absorb liquid.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Serve the pudding while still warm in individual dessert bowls. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.