Binangkal is a type of snack from the islands of Visayas and Mindanao in the Philippines. It is made from deep fried dense dough balls coated with sesame seeds.
- 2 & 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- Combine the dry ingredients (all- purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda) in a bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients (milk, oil, and vanilla extract) in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Add- in the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the batter and form each into small 1 inch balls.
- Pour the sesame seeds into a plate.
- Roll the balls into the plate of sesame seeds until fully covered.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan and heat.
- Fry both sides of the balls until brown using medium heat.
- Transfer into a plate lined with paper towels to absorb oil.
- Allow to cool, serve, and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.