Bibingkang Abnoy is an Omelet with an extra kick. It is an exotic delicacy made with unfertilized rotten duck egg then fried (or steamed or baked over and under a coal).
Bibingkang Abnoy Recipe
- 5 abnoy eggs (bugok na itlog ng itik/unfertilized duck egg)
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 stalks kintsay, minced
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- banana leaves
- 2 pieces salted eggs, garnish (optional)
- spiced vinegar, dipping sauce
- Crack eggs and pour in a bowl.
Beat the eggs as if you’re making an omelette. Mix in the rest of the ingredients except for garnish.
- A variation on cooking the abnoy mixture would be to steam, just like how you steam a puto for about 30 minutes or longer. make sure to cover the molder with a foil to prevent water drippings.
- You may also try the unconventional by baking it in a traditional bibingka tabletop clay oven, with embers of charcoal on both the bottom and top.
- Heat a wide pan lined with banana leaves on it. Pour cooking oil on it until hot enough.
- Pour the previously prepared mixture into the pan, over the banana leaf until about ¼ inches thick. Cook until top part is slightly cooked, then flip over.
- Insert a toothpick in the center to check if the inside is already cooked. Transfer it on a serving plate and serve with spicy vinegar dip!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.